The Chapel of Christ the King is located in Causeway Bay. It was conceived and built by the Sisters of St. Paul Chard in 1928 with the assistance of Father Robert of the Paris Institute for Foreign Missions, France, and with the financial support of Mrs. Ho Tung. The entire church was completed in 1930 and was consecrated by six bishops from all over the world. You may ask, why is the chapel used by nuns so big? The reason was that at that time the congregation’s work for the society was concentrated in Causeway Bay, including hospitals, schools, and orphanages for the disabled; there were a large number of nuns and staff in the service, and many people participated in daily prayers. The congregation's votive ceremony and daily mass are held in this chapel. The church is built in the center of the various institutions of the congregation, which means that the nuns are willing to dedicate all their charitable work to Christ the King.
There are four groups of huge columns in front of the entrance of the sanctuary, two of which have triangular convex frame walls on top of them, a big clock in the middle of the wall, and the words 'REGEM REGUM VENITEADOREMOS' (Let us Worshiping the emperor of the emperor), above is the statue of Christ the King; at the end of the tile roof is the bell tower.
During World War II, the nuns used the church as a hospital to help care for wounded soldiers. Although the chapel was originally used by the nuns, since 1961 St. Margaret's Church has been allowed to hold Sunday mass in this chapel. Since 1973, it has officially become the mass center of St. Margaret Hall in Happy Valley, allowing believers to participate in mass or other activities, such as funeral ceremonies, assessment ceremonies, etc., but weddings cannot be held. Now the entire church can accommodate more than 1,000 people.